Congratulations! We are pleased to announce our Winners for the
6th Annual Toronto Beaches Film Festival (TBFF) September 7 – 9, 2017 Read More
We are pleased to announce our Winners for the
5th Annual Toronto Beaches Film Festival! Read More
We Proudly Announce our Award Winners for the very
Toronto Beaches Film Festival 2012!
- Best Short Film – “To Rest in Peace”
directed by Fawaz Al-Matrouk (USA/Kuwait)
- Best Short Documentary – “The Pipedreams Project”
co-directed by Faroe Des Roches and Ryan Vandecasteyen (CAN)
- Best Feature Documentary – “If I Should Fall”
directed by Brendon Culliton (CAN)
- Best Eco-Friendly Film – “Surf, Sand and Silversides”
(The Californian Grunion) directed by Karen Martin (USA)
- Best Kid-Friendly Film – “A Strange Day In July”
directed by Shantal Reich (USA)
- Best Surf Film – “Breathe Life”
directed by Antje Beyen (Germany)
- 1st TBFF Beach Spirit Award “Shag Nation”
directed by Brittany Brothers (USA)
- Awarded to the filmmaker who embodies the overall ‘Beach Spirit’, promotes their film and makes a memorable contribution on film
We are thrilled to share with you a letter from Mary-Margaret McMahon, Toronto City Councillor, Ward 32.
Film Fest Lovers
It gives me great pleasure to welcome you to the 1st Annual Beaches Film Festival, June 29-30, 2012 at our very own local Fox Cinema.
This festival is the first of its kind in the Beach and promises to be a wonderful annual event not to be missed for film goers.
Our city has many talented writers, artists and producers and the beach community is proud to host this festival. Thanks to the event organizers for making this event possible.
Look forward to seeing you at the Fox!
City Councillor, Ward 32