Congratulations! We are pleased to announce our Winners for the
6th Annual Toronto Beaches Film Festival (TBFF) September 7 – 9, 2017 Read More
Thank you to the Toronto Beaches Community.
You showed the Toronto Beaches Film Festival (TBFF) much love in 2012, so we’re back this year with another program of summer, water and beach related films and documentaries.
Program times and tickets will be online approximately May 10th, 2013. Can’t wait to come back to the Beaches!
2nd Annual Toronto Beaches Film Festival Official Selections 2013
Here are the TBFF Official Selections for 2013:
- “Only Child“, dir. Christian Gossett (USA)
- “Scars“, dir. Cody Campanale (Canada)
- “Common Sense Rebellion“, dir. Sturla Ellingvåg (Norway)
- “Summer of The Sharks”, dir. Rusty Armstrong (USA)
- “Sur La Ligne, Variation No. 2“, dirs. Anne-Marie Turcotte, Mario Calvé (Quebec)
- “Go Ganges!“, dirs. JJ Kelley, Josh Thomas (USA/India)
We Proudly Announce our Award Winners for the very
Toronto Beaches Film Festival 2012!
- Best Short Film – “To Rest in Peace”
directed by Fawaz Al-Matrouk (USA/Kuwait)
- Best Short Documentary – “The Pipedreams Project”
co-directed by Faroe Des Roches and Ryan Vandecasteyen (CAN)
- Best Feature Documentary – “If I Should Fall”
directed by Brendon Culliton (CAN)
- Best Eco-Friendly Film – “Surf, Sand and Silversides”
(The Californian Grunion) directed by Karen Martin (USA)
- Best Kid-Friendly Film – “A Strange Day In July”
directed by Shantal Reich (USA)
- Best Surf Film – “Breathe Life”
directed by Antje Beyen (Germany)
- 1st TBFF Beach Spirit Award “Shag Nation”
directed by Brittany Brothers (USA)
- Awarded to the filmmaker who embodies the overall ‘Beach Spirit’, promotes their film and makes a memorable contribution on film
We are thrilled to share with you a letter from Mary-Margaret McMahon, Toronto City Councillor, Ward 32.
Film Fest Lovers
It gives me great pleasure to welcome you to the 1st Annual Beaches Film Festival, June 29-30, 2012 at our very own local Fox Cinema.
This festival is the first of its kind in the Beach and promises to be a wonderful annual event not to be missed for film goers.
Our city has many talented writers, artists and producers and the beach community is proud to host this festival. Thanks to the event organizers for making this event possible.
Look forward to seeing you at the Fox!
City Councillor, Ward 32