2018 Open Call For Films and Documentaries
- Enter Now *Exclusively* via our great submission platform Partner FilmFreeway!
2018 Season Open Call for Entries!
5 CATEGORIES OF COMPETITION TO CHOOSE FROM
The Toronto Beaches Film Festival is a festival like no other in the city of Toronto. The Beaches Community craves film culture and we deliver only the Best in ALL FILM GENRES that fit our “VIBE”.
3rd World Issues – Activism against Big Companies, Big Brother and the Government – Adventure – Animal-Friendly – Beach Culture – Beach Towns – Bio-Friendly – Blues – Boardwalks – Comedy – Dolphins – Drama – Eco-Friendly – Environment Friendly – Family Issues – Green-Friendly – Jazz – Kid-Friendly – Oceanography – Oil in Oceans – Route 66 – Saving our Beaches – Scenic Travelogues – Social Justice – Surf Music – Surfing – Urban Sustainability – Vegan and Vegetarian Friendly – Water Conservation – Water Animals – Water Fowl – Water Sports – Whales
If your film or documentary has a “beach related” theme, even better! And that theme can be literal or figurative.
Feature films, Short films, Feature docs and Short docs. And vintage beach like stuff your parents took on that old Super 8mm camera on summer vacation.
The 5 Categories for Competition are:
- Short Film (Narrative) – – under 45 Minutes
- Feature Film (Narrative) – – over 46 Minutes
- Short Documentary – – under 45 Minutes
- Feature Documentary – – over 46 Minutes
- Vintage Beach or Beach Culture – – Any Length
- Winners in these categories Win 1st Prize (Best of Category)
- Winner Receives Medallion and/or Goods and/or Services
We may also will award the Sub categories below:
- Best Activism Film
- Best Cinematography
- Best Eco-Friendly Film
- Best Kid-Friendly Film
- Best Surf Film
- Best Travel Film
- TBFF Beach Spirit Award
- “Best of the Fest” – – 1 Film wins Overall from all of the 5 categories and sub categories combined as voted by Audience Choice.
- Winner will receive Trophy and/or Goods and/or Services
Please Note: All films must be a **Toronto Premiere** in the least and cannot have screened in a 200 mile radius. We do not recycle films screened at other festivals in Toronto. We are in partnership with ReelHeART International Film Festival as their Executive Director is our “Artistic Managing Director”.
(NB: There is a possibility that if your film is not suited to TBFF, it may be suited to ReelHeART. If so it will be put into screenings round to determine its suitability)